SEO for Bloggers and Nonprofits [On-Demand Webinar]
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the perfect tool for nonprofits and bloggers: It doesn't require any ad spend, it brings in relevant readers and supporters, and it's easier than you may think to get started.
On February 6, we hosted a free webinar for bloggers and nonprofits covering how to begin optimizing your website for SEO. Nancy Ryerson, our digital marketing manager, shared advice from her experience both here at Antidote and at The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research.
Watch the full webinar below for advice on keyword research, content planning, the best free tools to use, and more. Here are a few highlights from the advice Nancy shared:
- When you begin your keyword research planning, start by thinking about your target audience and the kind of content they're interested in reading. What are some frequently asked questions you hear from your community on social media or in person? Use this brainstorm to come up with a few keyword ideas to get started.
- Use tools like Ubersuggest to understand how difficult or easy it would be to rank for your keyword ideas, and see additional suggestions, too.
- Set up Google Search Console on your website to understand how searchers are already finding your website, and how you can improve your existing content.
- Create a content plan built around one piece of “pillar content” that goes in depth about the keyword you want to rank for. Then, create supporting blog posts based on long-tail keywords that link back to it.
- Share your posts! Driving traffic through social media and linking to your content on other websites through guest blogging both help give your rankings a boost.
Looking for more resources for your nonprofit? Learn about partnering with Antidote. Members of our network receive free, dynamic content that connects patients with research, as well as digital marketing support from our team. Get in touch below for more information.